Sale Price: CDN $548.75Found a Lower Price?
Request a Price Match
(we will price match any authorized
US or Canadian Distributor)
- Ground (3-6 days): included
- Express (2-3 days): $59.95
- Overnight: call 1-877-374-2696 for quote
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Stiebel Eltron Tempra 12 Trend (New 3rd Gen.)
The Stiebel Eltron Tempra 12 Trend electric tankless water heater is mostly used for single point of use applications in Canada as it is designed for lower flow rates. With 12 KW of heating power it provides endless hot water at low flow rates even in our Northern climate.
The Tempra 12 Trend features Stiebel Eltrons true microprocessor-controlled temperature regulation and full power modulation based on both incoming water temperature and flow rate required. This means the Tempra 12 will measure the flow rate of whatever applications you have turned on, determine the incoming water temperature, and apply the appropriate amount of power to heat the water to the temperature you have set it to. A dial on the front of the unit allows you to set the output water temperature anywhere between 30°C and 60°C. The Tempra series of electric tankless water heaters are one of only a few tankless water heaters available today that feature a true thermostatic temperature and full power-modulation experience. This means no fluctuating water temperatures.
The Stiebel Eltron Tempra Trend Series electric tankless water heaters feature the most precise temperature control of any tankless water heater on the market today!
in Gallons Per Minute
40°C (105°F) Output Temp
|Incoming Water Temp:||Flow Rate (GPM)|
|4°C (40°F)||1.3 GPM|
|7°C (45°F)||1.4 GPM|
|10°C (50°F)||1.5 GPM|
|13°C (55°F)||1.6 GPM|
|15°C (60°F)||1.8 GPM|
|18°C (65°F)||2.0 GPM|
|21°C (70°F)||2.3 GPM|
|24°C (75°F)||2.7 GPM|
|Stiebel Eltron Tempra 12 Specifications|
|Yes, digital temperature control and full power modulation based on flow rate and incoming water temperature.|
|KW||12 KW @ 240v / 9 KW @ 208v|
|Voltage:||208 - 240 volts / single phase / 50 - 60 Hz|
|Max. Amps:||50 AMPS @ 240v / 52 AMPS @ 208v|
|Breakers Required:*||50 AMP breaker (depends on local codes)|
|Wiring:*||Minimum #6 AWG Copper (depends on local codes)|
|Dimensions:||16.6 x 14.5 x 4.6" (42 x 36.8 x 11.7 cm)|
|Weight:||13.2 lbs (6.1 KG)|
|Pipe Fittings:||3/4" NPT|
|Activation Flow Rate:||0.37 GPM / 1.4 LPM|
|Max. Water Pressure:||150 psi (tested to 300 psi)|
|Max. Output Temperature:||60C (140F)|
|Max. Input Temperature:||55C (131F)|
|Warranty:||Manufacturer's 3 Year Warranty|
|Safety:||ETL Listed (US & Canada) - meets all applicable standards, including ANSI/UL 499 (USA) and CSA-E335-1/3E-94 (Canada)|
|Protection:||microprocessor-based thermostatic temperature control (flow rate and temperature modulating) with thermal hi-limit cut-out switch monitoring each heating module|
* Breaker size and wire gauge must meet all applicable local, state, provincial, and national electrical codes for your area - these are only guidelines that will apply to most installations. Some codes require use of electrical sub-panel for installation, especially when heater is not mounted within line-of-sight of the main electrical panel. Wiring should be sized to maintain a voltage drop of less than 3% under load. Please consult your electrician for more details.
Selecting an Installation Location
The Stiebel Eltron Tempra 12 electric tankless water heater can be installed in a wide variety of locations due to it's small size. It is important to note that there are a number of guidlines that you should follow in order to choose a safe and convenient installation location. For full installation instructions download the Stiebel Eltron Tempra Installation Guide.
- In most cases it is easiest to install where your traditional tank was located
- Install on a solid and secure surface
- Install close to electrical panel
- Install 24" from combustible materials
- Do not install outdoors
- Do not install in high humidity environments
- Do not install in a location that is difficult to access
- Do not install where there is a potential for the unit to freeze
It is recommended to proivde a minimum of 5 inches clearance in all directions (except the back panel of course).
Please note: A minimum 100 AMP household electrical service is highly recommended and will likely be required to install this model. If you are unsure of your electrical capacity in your home, please consult your electrician or contact us for assistance before ordering.
Be the first to write a review.